Saturday, April 22, 2006

On completing one year with Art of Living

Today I completed one year of association with Art of Living. This day last year I met my lovely and sweet AOL teacher Ms.Marlene Barerra, whom now all call Lalitha but I still call her as ‘teacher’. When I call her teacher, I get a feeling that I am still a student and have to get more knowledge from her, and in general from the divine – may it be other people or nature or the system that we live in. She is a loving person and anytime I spend with her I feel loved and get strong sense of belonging to my greater self. Art of Living and its teachings opened the doors of spirituality for me. More than just spirituality, I sometimes feel that it opened doors to my own mind.  I brought me realization that I loved spirituality and loved being a good human being. Doing Basic Course back in Spring 2005 was one of the best decisions I took in area of health and well being. Teachings of basic course and of regularly doing Sudarshan Kriya have helped me on numerous fronts. I used to be little short tempered person, but I now I have much better control over my mind and emotions. I used to find faults in people before knowing the situation but now I try to understand situation before thinking anything about person or people involved. I see why they behave as they do. Due to this exercise I have found that most of the times people are not at fault but it is the overall situation that make them behave in particular way - people are always good. I have started seeing picture from up above and I see how different things that look disconnected from down here look well connected and meaningful from higher level.  I think Sudarshan Kriya has some hidden powers that one can easily experience but its realization may take a while. You have to do it and do it regularly with full faith. You will not only start loving it but you will not feel like staying without doing it. I try my best to do it at least four days a week and I feel I should do it much more regularly. From the very first time I did Sudarshan Kriya till date whenever I do it on Guruji’s tape I go deep and when I relax after Kriya, I am lost to the space. I go in deep sleep and cannot hear Guruji’s voice when says words or sings to bring us back to normal. I loose all sensation but that leaves in me a great feeling and relaxes my mind and body. On anniversary of completing one year, I would like to pranam my beloved teacher and say her ‘Thank You’ deep from my heart and then I would like to think of Guruji for few moments and get lost in space once again.  And how can I forget another invaluable gift that AOL gave me. It’s the loving and ever green AOL Columbus group. Each one of them has brought so much joy, happiness, love, and belonging to Kavita and me in just one year. It’s their energy and enthusiasm and selfless attitude that we loved. You got to meet them all to realize what I am saying. Jai Guru Dev.

Love,

Salil

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home